ACTRA Additional Background Performers (AABP)
Why Join AABP?
1. Union membership. AABP members are ACTRA members.
2. Representation. AABP members are represented at the ACTRA Toronto Council table by an elected AABP Executive.
3. Professional Training, including the joint Directors Guild of Canada/ACTRA Toronto workshops.
4. Access to union work:
- AABP members can work BG in union commercialsand non-union performers can't.
- AABP members can work in Toronto Indie Productions (TIP) and non-union performers can't.
- AABP members can work in Toronto Co-op productions and non-union performers can't.
5. Promotion without exploitation. AABP members can strut their stuff online safely via the Digital
6. Self Promotion Registry.
7. Professional development. Attend workshops and master classes at ACTRA Toronto Members
8. Conferences are FREE
9. Community, networking & Celebration. Attend the ACTRA Awards in Toronto are FREE!
10. Information! Receive Performers and ACTRA magazines are FREE!
11. Studio facilities! Use ACTRA Toronto's Gordon Pinsent Studio to self-tape an audition are FREE!
12. Save! Enjoy retail discounts from ACTRA's Member Advantage Program.
13. Full service banking and performer-friendly financial services from the Creative Arts Savings and Credit Union.
14. Group rates on Home & Auto insurance and extended health benefits from the Arts & Entertainment Plan from ACTRA Fraternal Benefit Society.
15. Advancement. Earn your first ACTRA Apprentice credit by working 200 days/1600 background hours as an AABP Member. (Note: ACTRA has removed the 4 year time limit to accumulate these hours.)
- Actra 2013 [ http://www.actratoronto.com/members/background.html ]
To join the AABP, you must prove that you have worked fifteen (15) days as a background performer within the 12-month period immediately preceding your application for membership.
You can complete, print and sign this application form in advance or just visit your local ACTRA Branch office to apply. You will need to give ACTRA: proof of at least fifteen (15) work days as a background performer during the past twelve (12a current photo, and your resume. You must provide a photo and resume so that you can be included in the ACTRA member database.